Personal Exercise Programmes
What are exercise programmes?
Exercise programmes are designed to promote general health and well-being and are also used for physical rehabilitation and development. They include a variety of different parts such as strengthening, mobilising, stretching and aerobic exercises. The specialist physiotherapists at Platinum Physiotherapy can create a personalised programme for you depending on your goals.
What are the benefits of exercise programmes?
There are a number of positive outcomes from completing an exercise programmes including:
- Promoting a faster recovery from an injury/operation/condition
- Improving the strength of your muscles
- Increasing your muscle length
- Improving the efficiency of your heart and lungs
- Reducing your pain
- Helping you with sleep problems
- Improving your overall fitness levels
- Creating a more positive outlook
- Helping with your balance and coordination
- Improving your self-confidence
- Increasing your mobility
What will be included in my exercise programme?
After a full assessment, the physiotherapists at Platinum Physiotherapy will work with you to decide on your main aims to personalise your exercise programme. This may include any of the following components:
- Pain management
- Muscle control
- Functional exercises
- Sport specific exercises
- Balance and proprioception exercises
For certain complex conditions, the physiotherapists at Platinum Physiotherapy may utilise other specialist components to your exercise programme.
Who will benefit from an exercise programme?
Our physiotherapists can design a programme for anyone. Exercise programmes at Platinum Physiotherapy are commonly designed for the following reasons:
- Depression / anxiety / stress
- Preparation for a sporting/social event
- Pain relief
- Maintaining general fitness levels
- Loss of mobility
- Loss of function
How will an exercise programme help me?
Exercise can bring about a number of benefits due to the following reasons:
- Increases the size and strength of muscle fibres
- Increases the strength of bones, tendons and ligaments
- Promotes the healing process and breaks down scar tissue
- Increases the length of ligaments, tendons and muscles
- Increases the blood supply delivered to your muscles
- Reduces pain
- Decreases swelling
- Promotes well-being
- Promotes normal movement
- Relaxes muscles