Sports Injury Treatment
What is Sports injury rehabilitation?
Sports injury rehabilitation or ‘rehab’ is a structured programme designed by physiotherapists for people who have sustained a sporting injury. Depending on the type of injury you have sustained, your programme will include a number of parts which may include strengthening exercises, mobilising, pain relief techniques and functional skills. At Platinum Physiotherapy, we aim to maximise recovery by tailoring the rehabilitation to your individual goals and sport and monitoring your progress throughout.
What are the benefits of sports injury rehab?
Our specialist sports physiotherapists will work with you to provide a thorough rehabilitation programme which will encourage a number of benefits including:
- Restoring full function as soon as possible
- A faster recovery and return to sport
- Strengthening weakened muscle groups
- Reducing any pain and inflammation from your injury
- Maintaining cardiovascular fitness whilst you are out of sport
- Minimising the risk of future injuries
- Improving your flexibility and coordination
- Advice on correct footwear and equipment
Who will benefit from sports injury rehab?
Whether you have been injured whilst playing high level sport or during recreational activity, the physiotherapists at Platinum Physiotherapy will be able to design you a full rehabilitation programme to help you get back to full fitness. Our physiotherapists have a vast amount of experience in treating a wide variety of sports injuries including:
- Recent or chronic injuries
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) ruptures or tears in the knee
- Shoulder dislocation or separation
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Frozen shoulder syndrome
- Stress fractures
- Pulled hamstrings
How does sports injury rehabilitation help?
Your rehabilitation programme designed by our dedicated musculoskeletal team will improve your recovery in the following ways:
- Breaking down scar tissue and promote the healing of tissues
- Stretching muscles and ligaments to increase range of movement
- Relieve any muscle spasm or stiffness
- Increasing lubrication and nutrition of injured and unaffected joints
- Removes chemicals in the injured area that are causing pain
- Builds up weakened muscles to regain full function